Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Who I'm definitely voting for in the MAC preliminary ballot...

I just got my preliminary MAC ballot in the mail, and I wanted to give out the information for who I will definitely vote for in this initial "eligibility" round.  If all goes well, myself and my talented friends will have a MAC nomination to announce soon.  I am referencing only those eligible who I have performance connections with - I will also be voting for other talented people on the ballot, but you'll have to make judgment yourself ;)

Page 2 - MAJOR ARTIST - please consider JULIE REYBURN, member of Marquee Five and a fantastic solo artist.
Page 4 - DUO/GROUP - please consider MARQUEE FIVE, of which I am a proud member!!!
Page 5 - OPEN MIC - please consider SALON, which I proudly sing at each week (and blog for!)
Page 5 - HOST (VARIETY or OPEN MIC) - please consider MARK JANAS and RAISSA KATONA BENNETT, for THE SALON and TUDOR CITY GREENS CONCERTS, respectively.
Page 5 - SPECIAL PRODUCTION - please consider TWIST OF FATE, in which I did solo and backup vocals for Kevin McMullan.
Page 6 - PIANO BAR - please consider ALISON ECKERT, a good friend (we were nuns together).
Page 7 - MUSICAL DIRECTOR - please consider MARK JANAS, who MD'd for Julie Reyburn, Kevin McMullan, The Salon's Tanya Moberly, and who played for Marquee Five's shows "We Can Make It" and "8-Track Throwback" last year.
Page 8 - DIRECTOR - please consider MILES PHILLIPS, director of "Twist of Fate"
Page 8 - TECHNICAL DIRECTOR - please consider RANDY LESTER, TD for Marquee Five at Don't Tell Mama.

Cheers,
Sierra Rein
"I don't sing because I'm happy, I'm happy because I sing" - William James

No comments: