Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Photos from The Triangle Factor Fire's 100th Year Anniversary Commemoration

Wreaths and 911 Memorial Bell at base of Brown Bldg.

Stage (sound check) and JumboTron

Entrance of the Brown Bldg, NYU


My nametag as I sat with fellow TSW family members

Fire men and women in uniform

Shirtwaist banners featuring victims' names

Commemoration schwag-pin

Rose Oringer pin

Shirtwaist banners held aloft during speeches.

The building.  Note the flags on the 9th floor (second from top) to the right side w/ purple flags.

The program of events. Hard to read...sorry

Modern ladder lifted to the 7th floor

Closer shot; ladder lifted to 7th floor

Firefighters stand behind family members about to lay white carnation down.

After names are read, carnations laid down, and bell rung 146 times.

Shirtwaist for one of the many Rose's that died on March 25th, 1911
Cheers,
Sierra Rein
"I don't sing because I'm happy, I'm happy because I sing" - William James

No comments: